Saturday, February 19, 2011

Award!

Thank you to Jen at Discovering Joy in the Storm for the Stylish Blog Award (and previously Grace at Chois-R-Us for the Versatile Blog Award, which I'm sorry I didn't pass on. I just left it for a bit and that it turned into months then it was just too silly to do it later on.)


I came across both these ladie's blogs via Hannah's Prayer Forum/Community which has been a great place of support and encouragement. Jen is going through an IVF cycle right now and Grace has adopted a boy!

I don't know if it is too confusing to combine awards... so I'll just stick to passing on the Stylish Blog one since that is more recent!



Rules:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 other bloggers.
4. Contact the bloggers and tell them about the award.


Share 7 Things

1. I take a really long time to write posts and post them! (Same with emails!) You may have already guessed that from the way I say stuff on here. I can't help it. I tend to write things and then re-read and check and re-read. Trying to get better/faster at it though! haha.

2. I love shopping and getting good deals. Sometimes I just roam the mall on my own to see what things are out there. I just like looking at different styles and things even if I'm not buying anything.

3. I do really enjoy cooking and baking though if I am rushed or don't have enough time I tend to stress!

4. I work at a Fitness Centre that is run by a non-profit Christian organisation. We are a gym just like any other, and our ultimate desire is to reflect and share Christ in the community. Even though we have been in 'ministry' before this has been very different and has taken a while to get our head around!

5. I've lived in New Zealand for 10 years. Before this I lived in Singapore.

6. I am terrible with phone calls... I don't like them compared to other means of communication... don't know why! It can make me awkward... I prefer speaking face to face.

7. I love listening to music so I'm always wanting more and more CDs (yeah I haven't quite moved on yet) because I tend to overplay ones that I have!

Award 15 other bloggers (but I only have 10 here...)

I know these awards sometimes circulate a few times round so feel free to do whatever... but here goes:

1. Grace at Chois-R-Us

2. Heather at reach in, reach out, reach up

3. Amel at Serenity in Chaos

4. Beckie at Beckie's Infertility Journey

5. Barb at Mommy's Two Monkeys

6. Surely at Shirley Goodness and Mercy

7. Thelma at Life As Two

8. Ruthie at In All Things...

9. Christy at Living Life With the Staveleys

10. Teri at Sommer Days

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you sweet friend, I have already received the stylish blogger award though. You deserve it!!!

Barbara said...

Thanks for the tag! I'll have to do another one of those fun get-to-know-me posts. The fitness centre where you work sounds amazing! We don't have any Christian fitness centres here, but it sounds like a great outreach initiative. I'd love to see how it's run! I'm another person who loves good deals and just enjoys shopping to look.

Grace said...

TOTALLY get #6. and feel the exact same way. ;)
thanks for the award! i already did mine and if i had more interesting things to share, i'd do another, but for down, i'm a bit brain dead ;)

Amel said...

Hey, THANKS A LOT for sharing the award!!! :-D Haven't been blogging too much lately, but I'm also the same when it comes to phone calls. Even back in Indo I never liked making phone calls except to my close friends and now that I live in Finland, I don't like phone calls 'coz it means I have to speak Finnish and LISTEN to Finnish...GASP!!! HE HE HE...