This is about an unexpected journey through fertility struggles and miscarriage loss, and now motherhood... If you are on this journey too or know someone who is, I hope you find some comfort or familiarity here.
In the midst of stuff, I've been very fortunate to have friends and family caring for us. Here are some things that I'm thankful for these past few weeks.
1. Beautiful flowers (and notes) from friends!
Brightening up a rainy day. (Thanks Jul.)
Colourful gerberas light up the house. (Thanks S.)
(There was also a lovely rose- thanks L, but can't see it in the pic...)
2. Beauty in the bleak weather. (It is still a bit cold and wet around here, even though it is officially spring. )
Love these. Spidey in the rain... it got washed away later on though.
3. Be nice to your family cos' they send you nice things.
We got sent these mini Reese's cups in the mail! (Dark chocolate ones too!) They came with a bunch of books I'd gotten my bro and sis-in-law in the U.S. to send over to me, cos' Amazon shipping is a killer to NZ.
I got this cute apron from my sis-in-law in Canada, along with new photos and videos of my nephew and niece (love!) and some other things. (Had to go to the garage to find the husband to take a pic for me haha. ) Here I am wearing it with my um... running gear.
4. This weekend, the husband and I got to spend some time together on Saturday night. We took the bus into downtown Auckland cos' we didn't know if traffic would be bad, as there were some closures for the two days...
We had bubble tea downtown. This place called Hulu Cat Cafe totally rocks. (His drink is Caramel Milk Tea with Coffee Jelly. Very Asian I know...)
5. Great music- We went to a Sons of Korah gig. They are an Aussie band who sing the Psalms. Like straight from the Bible! It was beautiful.
It was held at an old church, St Pauls, so the sound and atmosphere was really cool. It was especially special cos' they ended with Psalm 91, which has been very close to my heart these past couple years.
One funny thing was that we were some of the few younger people in the crowd. Haha. Didn't know they were more appreciated by the older folk.
6. Glad we got to go. After the concert, a couple we knew there gave us a ride home! So sweet cos' even though the bus ride home isn't too bad, it was gonna be a long walk to the bus-stop.
7. My friend C gave me a cute strawberry plate as a 'cheer up' gift. I can be a bit of a random collector of interesting things, and if they are red, that's even better.
I put it on my shelf...
8. I got a new FRYING PAN! I am so stoked. (It was half-price at Farmers.)
The speckled one is the new one (ceramic). The other one is the old one, which we got from our wedding presents six years ago, which I really liked using too- had a waffle-y surface. I had gotten so used to it that I had no idea how much better a new one would be. It is heavier which already makes it fab cos' the other one never did sit straight- if you look carefully at the pic you'll see one side is more burnt than the rest haha.
Sounds silly but frying eggs was like so much fun, cos' it was super smooth and easy to flip! What a difference! Looking forward to trying it with pancakes. The ultimate test.
9. My friend L makes awesome biscotti! She dropped some off at my front door. A cool surprise.
Not the best pic but this one is strawberry and yoghurt biscotti and it tastes brilliant! I was gobbling it up.
10. Still on baking, my friend KP also made us a big box of chocolate and oat cookies (thankfully not all on the same day haha), but I didn't get a pic of them. Tasted good!
Thanks everyone. God has been sustaining us and caring for us through others.